This is how I make sure I eat healthy everyday without cooking.
What allows me to do this: Meal prep.
Every Monday I Buy food for the whole week, cook it ready and leave it in the fridge, so all I have to do when I get hungry is: grab it, warm it, eat it!
I’ll show you this weeks meal prep in detail right here:
- 3-4 Sweet potatoes
- 2 Broccoli crowns
- (1 Butternut Squash)
- Ground Chicken breast
Food Lasts: 6 Days alternating meat with ready made fish (Tuna/Salmon) and sometimes beans
- Steam all veggies (except Spinach)
- Pan fry/Broil Chicken + add Spinach
Time: 26 Minutes
Time with Dishes: 35 Minutes
Time / 6 days / 2 meals = 2 Minutes 20 Seconds (+ 2 minutes for taking it out from the fridge and warming it up)
TOTAL Time per meal: 4 Minutes and 20 Seconds
Why these foods?
- Sweet potato: Slow carb (low glycemic index), Vitamin A (beta-carotene) + B6 + C, Manganese, Copper, Panthotenic Acid, Biotin, Potassium and Fiber.
- Broccoli: Vitamin K + C, Chronium, Folate, Fiber and Kaempferol (yes that’s the name for it, check it out it’s pretty awesome).
- Spinach: Vitamin K + A + B2 + B6 + E, Manganese, Folate, Mangnesium, Iron, Copper, Calcium and Glycoglycerolipids (they’re definitely trying to make these names hard to pronounce, spell and understand)
- Chicken breast: Protein, Vitamin B3 + B6, Selenium, Phosphorus and Choline.
Just remember the 80/20 Rule and eat the 20% of foods that give you 80% of nutrients.