Check out my course on Life Design: Find Purpose, Choose a Mission, Write a Mission Statement, Set Goals and Get Started. Goals and Get Started.
1. Learn your purpose in life
Questions for defining your Purpose:
- What would you change in this world?
- How could you make the world a better place?
- What do you wish existed but doesn’t yet?
- What problem in the world makes you angry/sad?
Examples of purposes:
Problems of today:
- Poverty, Hunger and Water crisis
- The Refugee Crisis
- Climate Change
- Data Security
- Gun Violence
- Domestic Violence
- Gang Violence
- Global Warming
- Natural Resource Depletion
- Ocean Acidification
- Animal Abuse
- Drug abuse
- Spread of infectious diseases
- War and terrorism
- High unemployment
- Nuclear Weapons
- Sex Trafficking
- Mental Health Care
See more here http://www.globalissues.org/issue
Future oriented (tech):
- Education re-imagined
- Space travel
- Better transportation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual reality / Mixed Reality
- Robots / Drones
- Clean energy sources
- Genetically Engineered people
- New materials
See more here: http://www.futuretimeline.net/
2. Remind Yourself of Your Skills and Talents
Questions to remind you of your Skills:
- What would you do for free?
- What do you do on your “time off” or as a hobby?
- What makes you forget to eat and poop? (question by Mark Manson)
- If you had more than a 100 Million dollars, what would you work on?
- What do others say you’re good at?
- What do I have that most people don’t?
- What skill do your friends struggle with but you find easy?
Finish this sentence:
I will _____________(purpose) by ______________(Skill,talent,passion)
Refine your purpose and Mission Statement at least once a month
3. Set inspiring Goals and Next Actions
Now look at your purpose and Mission statement and write down these goals to reflect your purpose and skills.
- Some day Goal (Think Big here):
- 5 year Goal:
- 1 year Goal:
- 1 Month Goal:
- 1 Week Goal:
- 1 Day Goal:
- Next Action (Think small here):
Next action is the next thing you have to do to get this project started. Something really small and actionable that you can do right now. For example “get my car fixed” isn’t a next action but “call tony’s tires (888-888888) and set an appointment for Tuesday” is one.
Examples of Next Actions with blanks:
- Pick up the phone and call __ about ___
- Make appointment for ___ with ___
- Register for __ at __
- Ask __ about __
- Get ___ from ___
Do the same process for your:
- Health Goals
- Wealth Goals
- Love Goals
Start from the distant future and make your way back to this moment.
Now you should have a next actions – list that you can start executing right now!
Thank you for checking out the site and this guide. Stay connected to me on social media.
…and remember: My Life My Rules!